Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday's flowers

It's amazing how quickly the weeks are flying by.  It will be Melbourne Cup Day in less than a fortnight and then for me, the real countdown to Christmas begins.  I spent a couple of days with my mum this week, which we both look forward to.  She loves to see what I am working on as I always take some hand work with me.  This is what I took this time.
Block 1 of 3

Centre Block

The blocks are from Gail's new Christmas quilt Song of Christmas, I still have the beak to applique and the birds eye to do on the centre block and two more of the leaves and berries blocks, two heart blocks and then the handwork will be done.

My friend Ramona is doing Friday's Fences and I am so enjoying seeing all the photos, I'd love to join in I am seeing fences in a new light but time is a bit of an issue now so I thought I'd do my own little Friday meme
Friday's Flowers only a couple of flower but I hope you enjoy :) I would have added a photo of our white flowering Clematis but it is raining this morning so that will have to wait for another time.
Lily of the Valley

Lily of the Valley

Lemon tree blossom
The Lily of the Valley were my treat to myself last week and the lemon tree blossom was from mums lemon tree,  the blossoms are so fragrant at the moment.

Until next time.....ciao Sandra

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra, your Friday's flowers are delightful..
    lily of the valley is one of my all time favorites.
    I love the block you are working on.. Song of Christmas is a perfect name.

    hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra, I had to look where you live because I know Clematis is way gone in this side of the world that I live in hehehe. The photos are awesome thanks for sharing. ^_^

    ReplyDelete