Saturday, November 12, 2011

Friday's flowers and other happenings

Well the last two weeks have just flown.  I'm sure the weeks are getting shorter :)  I didn't get as much done as I would have liked on my mini break but hey that's life.  I did manage to finish a small wool project and I'm really happy with the result.


I still haven't quite finished Song of Christmas I will post a photo when it's completely finished.

I have been doing a bit of baking over the last two weeks, my first attempt at a Pavlova for my father in law for his birthday and an apple pie/cake for Graham. 

<>
My first Pavlova only one little crack
The apple pie was a favourite of Grahams that my mum used to make, sadly she doesn't bake any more and unfortunately most recipes are in her head and now she doesn't remember them.  My sister and I found the recipe in her old hand written book, it really was her shorthand version with some of the ingredients listed without quantities.  I think it was a pretty good attempt.  I will have to make some adjustments but on the whole it was a success, well it must have been I made it on Thursday afternoon and by Friday night it was all gone.
And now for some Friday's Flowers (I'm sure it's still Friday somewhere in the world)

Weeping Rose

Apple Blossom Carpet Rose

Lilac Rhodo


White Rhodo
 That's all from our garden this week.

Ciao....Sandra 

No comments:

Post a Comment